Media

Parents Warned: Caution Saves Children’s Lives

Following a recent spate of house fires around Melbourne, parents are being urged to ensure their homes are not putting children at risk of electrical-induced injuries. Increased use of radiators, electric blankets, kettles and other appliances can easily overstress electrical circuits and power points. In addition, the proliferation of media based equipment including computer tablets, [...]

Continue reading →

Winter warning on child burns

The recent snap of cold weather has prompted a warning to parents and grandparents of toddlers tobe wary of the dangers of burns and scalds. Melissa Abalo of Homesafe Kids, said today that with winter approaching, families need to be more vigilant about ensuring their children and grandchildren don’t suffer permanent injuries or disfigurement from burns and [...]

Continue reading →

Building regulation call on toddler window falls

Child safety organisation, Homesafe Kids, is calling for a review of building regulations to limit the dangers posed to young children. Melissa Abalo from Homesafe Kids said that falls are the most common cause of child hospital presentations – many of the most serious incidents caused by toddlers slipping out of windows they have opened themselves. “The most [...]

Continue reading →

As seen on channel 7 News

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/latest/a/-/newshome/13541556/how-to-make-your-home-child-friendly/

Continue reading →